Tuesday, 22 September 2009

computer chair...

Ive gone ick every time I've sat on the chair at the computer desk as the horrible stain on the seat will not come off!
Finally sick of it I used a 50 cent remnant to recover it.First the net research to find out how to get the black plastic back off.It turns out you jam a tyre iron in it and pull for all you're worth until it goes pop.
So this:



becomes this:



Then some time,lots of staples,some elegant suiting fabric offcuts and popping the back on again and you get this:



Much better.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so glad I went on to read more of your blog or I would have missed the chair makeover. Very nice. It looks brand new!

    Thanks for posting the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a chair like this that I need to recover- thanksfor the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! This looks FABULOUS. Wow. I have an icky computer chair of my own ... I am now inspired!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super nice and so sheek too !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! You did an awesome job! Love that fabric!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr GOOGLE is playing tricks and I can't see the before but the after looks good.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete