Saturday, 29 September 2012

I went thrifting ...again

I had a nice amble into town today and found all the op shops were having spring cleaning sales.I got some jeans for the ever growing lad(2 pairs for a dollar) and then some bits for me.

The first was a homemade vintage empire line maxi dress(1970s?) for a small but solid woman.On my tall frame with my high waist it became a mid calf dress with the waist in just the right place.It is the worlds rustliest man made fabric but still cool.
I got a couple of blouses for me...

some black light jeans and a cute bracelet...
and lastly a couple of magazines.1949 and 1950.The guy at the antique shop is also going to hunt out some more large format 50s magazines that he keeps forgetting to bring in for me...

I love my Saturdays:)

1 comment:

  1. What delightful finds! I especially like the dotted blouse. That would look so smart under a gray blazer, with a black pencil skirt, or even tucked into a pair of high-waisted vintage jeans.

    Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my tenets of happy crafting post today. I sincerely appreciate it and hope you're having a splendid weekend.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete