Saturday, 13 October 2012

A weather bomb won't stop me...

New Zealand has a tendency for a nasty weather pattern called a 'bomb'.It occurs where the pressure falls a lot or to be precise:

bomb—An extratropical surface cyclone with a central pressure that falls on the average at least 1 mb h−1 for 24 hours.
In other words howling wind and torrential rain.

Today just missed out on this description but not by much.It wasn't going to stop me hitting the charity shops though:) 

I got a couple of blouses...


A jacket from the 60s I will resell...


and thanks to the joy of the shops being over stuffed with donations to the point of needing a 20 cent pile to clear shelves, lots of other bits...

scarves,gloves and a pattern for slips so I can make cotton ones for summer.

Other than that I mainly got cold...


































































































 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great blouses - so versatile and lovely (I always like a little frill, such as on the white one, on my blouses, too).

    Thank you very much for your thoughtful comment on my Saturday Snapshots post today. I count FMS (and MPS) amongst my medical conditions, too, and am sorry to learn that you also battle this life altering condition, dear gal.

    Fibro friendly hugs,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete