Thursday, 18 October 2012

summertime is coming...

I found a few things op shopping/thrifting today on the way to the supermarket.I found a bunch of vintage sewing bits.

A belt buckle,some vintage zips but the best find is a packet of original 1950s appliqué motifs.Someone only used one of these motifs that must have been imported from America or brought over by friends.
I have picked up a lovely dress pattern recently with a sailor collar and have a huge piece of cobalt blue fabric so I see a rockabilly sailor dress in my future.I have enough fabric to make a HUGE skirt for it as well.



I got some pieces of fabric that had lovely prints but turned out to be stretch not cotton so my original plans for them had to change.I think I have a blouse pattern for stretch knits somewhere...



I got a lovely retro pair of togs in my size.They are my trademark blue and all they need is a de-pilling on the stomach where picking up sandy children has rubbed up the fabric a bit.



Lastly my friend has sent me some fabric of known vintage.Her 70 year old grandma-in-law bought it when she was 17.I haven't figured out what to make yet...


Fun op shopping nearly made up for the howling wind that kept trying to knock me over.Roll on settled weather...




1 comment:

  1. Very nice post and interesting to read, I love visiting this blog.

    ReplyDelete